Because of the nature of the Chemical Process Technologies used in the Surface Treatment of Metals, there is the inevitable requirements and obligation to manage process to the highest Chemical Safety and Environmental standards. At CHEMICAL SURFACE TREATMENT TECHNOLOGIES we can provide support with all compliance requirements of Environmental or Chemical Safety Legislation such as EPA Licence applications, Movement and Classification of Dangerous Goods/Wastes and the Transfrontier Shipment of Waste etc. Similarly we can provide support in implementing REACH Regulations (EC/1907/2006) and the CLP Regulations (EC/1272/2008).
- We have over 15 years experience in IPPC licensing applications, in administrating an IPPC licence, submitting Annual Returns (AER) and liaising with the relevant Authorities.
Chemical Safety Assessment
- CHEMICAL SURFACE TREATMENT TECHNOLOGIES can assist in identifying all the chemical agents in a facility, carrying out Chemical Risk Assessments and setting up the appropriate Chemical Risk Management procedures to manage the identified risks in order to safeguard and protect employees.
Transport of Dangerous Goods
- Neil Cremin is a registered Dangerous Goods Safety Advisor (DGSA) and can assist you with the packaging, labeling and movement of your Dangerous Goods which are subject to ADR Regulations.
Environmental (ISO 14001) and Health and Safety (OHSAS 18001) Management Systems.
- Increasing regulation on both Environment and Health & Safety Legislation has encouraged many companies to adopt formal management systems to ensure that they operate to the highest standards. Neil is an IRCA Certified Lead Auditor for both the Environmental (ISO 14001) and Health and Safety (OHSAS 18001) Management Systems Standard requirements and can provide lead auditor based guidance on installing, implementing and maintaining either or both ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 management systems.
Classification and Transport of Dangerous Wastes
- We can assist you with the classification and movement of waste which is regulated and controlled by the Waste Management Act 1996. A waste collection permit is required for Waste Movements within Ireland – Contact the National Waste Collection Permit Office, whereas a transfrontier shipment notification is required for exports of waste to destinations outside the Republic of Ireland – Contact the National TFS Office at Dublin City Council.
Chemical Labeling & Packaging Legislation
- This Regulation aligns previous EU legislation on classification, labeling and packaging of chemicals to the GHS (Globally Harmonised System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals). We can assist you in the conversion of your Chemical Safety information to the new legislation in compliance with CLP Regulation (EC) No. 1272 / 2008 on the classification, labeling and packaging of substances and mixtures. We can also provide Training Programmes for your employees to prepare them for the new legislation.
- REACH is an acronym for the Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals. The Regulations are designed to manage and control the potential hazards and risks to human health and the environment from the manufacture, import and use of chemicals within the EU. We will assist your business to understand your obligations in complying with the Legislation.